ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
|Workshop:||The Fearless Heart Workshop 2|
|Hosted By:||Huy Nguyen + Brett Butterstein|
|When:||August 21-22, 2012||Hours:||9 am – 6 pm each day|
|Where:||Lafayette Hotel and Swim Club | San Deigo, CA|
Huy and Brett will guide you in a thorough an examination of your photography and push you to approach each wedding creatively and fearlessly. This intimate classroom experience, built for individual attention, is for wedding photographers looking to improve their shooting abilities while gaining a solid understanding of authentic wedding photojournalism.
• Classroom lectures, discussions and demos by Huy + Brett
• Individualized evaluation of each student’s work
• Edit of raw wedding images
• An intense, constructive, and honest group photo critique session
• Completely open, unrestricted question + answer sessions
• Coffee, lunch & refreshments for the two days
• Hotel discount
Topics to be covered:
• Effective storytelling | exceeding clients’ expectations | killer compositions | artificial light made natural | common mistakes to avoid | redefining moments | the fearless heart | editing for maximum impact
• The soul of the portrait | understanding the client | inner and outer beauty | turning obstacles into opportunities | how to resist conventionality | seeing the unseen | the marriage of experience + instinct
Limit: 20 students
About Huy Nguyen
After 10+ years as a photojournalist with major newspapers, Huy decided to pursue wedding photography with a very distinctively real and authentic documentary approach. His work earned him the recognition as the 2005 WPJA Photographer of the Year and American Photo Magazine’s Top 10 Photographer in 2009.
Huy is the founder of the Foundation Workshop, a very rigorous, intense photojournalism workshop for wedding photographers, the Foundation Workshop Forum, a sharing community of great photographers. Huy is also the innovation behind the unique wedding photographers directory Fearless Photographers.
Huy has taught workshops and seminars in Mexico, England, France, Singapore, Russia (with Joe Buissink) as well as the Yin Yang Workshop with DQ Studios. More of Huy’s work can be found at loveunscripted.com.
About Brett Butterstein
Brett lives in San Diego with his wife and two sons and travels many weekends photographing destination weddings and teaching international workshops. He began his career working for newspapers and the Associated Press and has been named one of the best wedding photographers in the world by Italian luxury magazine Just Married. He has been a student himself, studying with legendary war photographer James Nachtwey and National Geographic and Magnum photographer David Alan Harvey. Brett’s work can be seen at brettbutterstein.com